View Profile David

142 Movie Reviews

This is absolutely fantastic. I have been an avid user of this site for over half my life, and I am saddened by the fact that this only has 9,213 views. Newgrounds used to pull a lot of views, but apparently those days are gone. The people who have downvoted this obviously have never animated themselves. To call this animation anything but superb is ridiculous. At the very least, this is far better than anything I ever saw in my childhood.

It was ridiculously humorous. The animation tended toward the simple side, in a refined and beautiful way. Jalen is, indeed, a super saiyan.

Such an animation!

It is rare that I see an animation like this that utilizes such effects.

The Good:
The introduction was well made. It made me feel like I was a member of The Star Syndicate. I loved the fact that there was a special Easter Egg. What's more, the blending of Shaggy and Fred into a single entity showed the dynamic of what Scooby Doo was to become, a blending of cultural ideas in one show (recall the Witch Doctor episode, obviously Haitian in nature, and furthermore, the Vampire/ Gypsy appearance showing a linkage to Romanian folklore of generations past). However, your use of shaking edges of the Freddy-Shaggy character really detailed just how quickly those notions of unity fall apart, and indeed, Mystery Incorporated existed and exists still as predominantly a racially homogeneous group.
Furthermore, I believe that the blocks show the corporate nature of the firm, Mystery Incorporated. It started out as simply "Mystery Inc." sounding cute and fun, with only one van to drive around in. However, capitalizing on cheap gas prices and several mysteries to be solved, Mystery Inc. became a powerful corporation that rose, much like your blocks, into the very entertainment powerhouse that it is today. Indeed, as a subsidiary of AOL Time Warner, the "blocks" of corporate greed have risen. With the recent growth of the Occupy Wall Street movement, this could not have been a more timely release on your behalf.

The Bad:
Not too much. The music was well chosen, but I found the Easter Egg to be too easily spotted. As a simple egg riding in the back of the mystery machine, if clicked, it led to a sort of ugly version of the actual movie, with blocks moving up and down. I assume this was your planning process, and that is why you put it as an easter egg, to show that we are not all perfect artists when we start out with a project. I too have done this in the past. However, there is a glitch that could lead a user to this easter egg without watching the actual film, and I would recommend that you fix this at a later date.

All in all: Great film. I learned a lot. I cannot wait to see more from you in the future!

~David~

39 Game Reviews

Fantastic

And to FadedSunnyDays, Satan and Lucifer are separate entities. Read the Bible.

Well, it works now.

It still doesn't have any original or challenging questions. I gave you a two, against my better judgement, because I fear that this is going to be blammed. If not, or if so, I recommend that you put better questions in.
Love, David

Nickk0 responds:

u didn't gave me a 2, but a 5 xD
i know, these questions are very basic.

Very cute.

The Good: I liked this flash. It was cute, and I'm not a homosexual or anything. It was very funny and the setup was good. I quite enjoyed how you put your dogs' "special traits" in there. Very funny.

The Bad: The game was too planned out. It really did not take any input from the player. If you took about 300 pictures and then you made a longer game and scripted it and allowed for some "random" user input, things would be much better. I can see a cutesy game like that getting above 4.00. Maybe add some more monsters and give the game more characters with different traits. I understand that these are your dogs and that was all that you had to work with, however.

The Ugly: The gameplay. I think I covered that well enough in the "The Bad:" section, however.

All around, it was a fun, cute game. Rather badly executed, but fun nonetheless. I await more.

5 Audio Reviews

Excellent!

This is a great song/loop. I enjoyed it very much. I appreciate the time and effort you must put into these. If I ever make a flash that is decent and for some reason has techno, I'll look you up.

Neon-Crepth responds:

hey thnx man. i take it from what you said you haven't tried to compose anything?... you should definitely get a demo of FL studios and try it out.

Night of Broken Glass

I liked it.

xerochi responds:

Thanks. I'd like to see this song in a Christmas flash. I think it could fit somewhere...

Best Pirate Rap ever!

This definitely beats out the Epic Movie's Pirate Rap. Great job. I might partake in the contest. Good luck finding a video.

Recent college graduate. Relaxer.

David Moore @David